Sponsored by: Kimball Appliance

As many young adults start another academic year at colleges and universities, State Fire Marshal Kevin Sehlmeyer is urging students and their parents to make fire prevention a top priority and practice life-saving fire safety measures whether living on or off-campus.  Some tips for students are know all emergency exits and have two ways out, Use stairs to get out, not elevators. Never leave a lit candle unattended. Don’t use the stove or oven to help heat a cold dorm room or apartment. Don’t overload electrical outlets, power strips, and extension cords. For more tips visit michigan.gov/LARA